Deadline: April 15, 2019
Watson is searching the world for next-generation, entrepreneurial leaders to join Watson Institute’s Semester Incubator in Boulder, Colorado. Watson Institute’s Semester Incubator is a 4-month program preparing next-generation innovators and social entrepreneurs to launch social ventures and unleash a lifetime of impact.
Watson Institute, a revolutionary new model of higher education for next-generation innovators and social entrepreneurs, is searching the globe for those gritty idealists and pioneers who believe they can change the world. In Watson’s Semester Incubator, students and recent graduates with an early stage social venture complete their Watson experience as a study away or gap semester.
The program includes training in fundraising, team building, business model validation, and personal development; intensive mentorship; and a powerful community of peers. They work with students on an individual basis regarding credit transfers back to their home institutions.
Fall Semester Incubator: August 26 – December 13, 2019.
At Watson Institute’s Semester Incubator, college students and recent graduates with an early-stage social venture or project complete their Watson experience as a study away/abroad from a home university, gap semester before attending university, or as a ‘pre-career’ semester after their undergraduate degree.
During the 4-month intensive program, you will embark on a journey that includes:
- A step-by-step methodology to rapidly and systematically validate your business model.
- Training in the process of building and strengthening an effective team that can pioneer new innovations and markets
- Testing your cost assumptions, developing a fundraising plan, creating an investors deck, and measuring impact metrics specifically to garner funder support.
- Framing solutions so they expose injustice and speak truth to power, incorporate positive psychology, and create better models and systems.
- Learning and applying entrepreneurial skills and mindset alongside a global community of like-minded and diverse peers.
- Connect with a powerful network of mentors and social entrepreneurs such as Jerry White, a leader of the Nobel Prize-winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines; Tom Chi who helped invent Google Glass and the self-driving car; and Erin Schrode, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress.
- Watson Institute offers multiple full-ride fellowships including the American Impact Fellowship, Tech Fellowship, and Enlight Fellowships, among others.
- There’s more about the fellowships here.
- They are looking for early stage social entrepreneurs, innovators, and changemakers with a bias towards action.
- They do not select based on GPA, SAT scores, nationality, or ability to pay.
- They look at the whole person, and evaluate each application using three main criteria:
- The Person,
- The Venture,
- The Stage.
Calling all next-generation innovators, leaders, and social entrepreneurs ready to pioneer their education! Apply now!
For more information, visit Watson Institute.