Inspiration is a motivational state that moves people to bring their ideas and desires to fruition. Undoubtedly, other people’s success stories are among the most potent motivators out there. This moving collection of pictures features real people from different backgrounds and parts of the world overcoming personal obstacles to reach their goals.
At Bright Side, we hope these stories of people who have overcome adversity will inspire you to improve your life and chase your dreams!
1. A young man shares his journey from poverty to a Harvard Law Degree.
“In high school, I flipped burgers at McDonald’s so I could afford the privilege of taking the SAT. I scrubbed toilets, shelved books, and sold clothing so I could chase my dreams. I’m the son of a warehouse worker and an immigrant; a first generation student. Today, I graduated from Harvard University.”
2. A brave young woman takes her next steps toward a brighter future.
3. A boy meets his hero Olympic medalist swimmer only to defeat him 8 years later.
4. Gabriel Jesus proves that you can start out on the streets and still climb to the top.
5. A lung cancer survivor who chose to hit the gym the second he was allowed to exercise
“Jared has been fighting lung cancer and we almost lost him. He was recently allowed to exercise. Today his arm measured 8 1/4 in and his legs just over 12 in and he’s at 0% body fat.”
6. This mom in 2012; sophomore year in college; and in 2016, on graduation day.
7. In 2009, Brian Acton humbly tweeted about being turned down for jobs at Facebook and Twitter. That same year, he founded WhatsApp.
8. This dedicated student proves that it’s never too late to get a higher education:
9. From service industry to financial expert. Anything is possible with hard work.
10. Being handicapped didn’t stop this hard-working athlete.
11. A proud daughter shares her graduation date with her mother, proving that it’s never too late to pursue knowledge.
12. A man with the odds stacked against him proves that you can become successful if you’re truly dedicated.
13. This is what happens when we work hard to preserve our precious planet:
14. A young lady shares her badge progression from fast-food worker and housekeeper to registered nurse.
Which one of these motivational stories inspired you the most? Let us know in the comments section below!